Shwetha Rodrigues DDS
Dentistry is a field I find incredibly rewarding. It grants me the privilege of being part of the lives of many individuals.
My practice focuses on advanced general dentistry and incorporates the latest technology to enhance the efficacy of treatments. However, my primary focus is on the foundational aspects of our health. Understanding the impact of breathing, eating, and sleep on our mental, dental, and overall well-being is at the core of my approach.
One of the most meaningful contributions I can make in a patient's life is to guide them toward taking control of their daily oral health habits. The condition of your mouth has a substantial impact on your quality of life, regardless of age.
Education and Ongoing Learning
My education has equipped me with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality care to my patients. I completed my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry in San Francisco in 2003. Prior to that, I earned my Bachelor's in Dental Surgery in India.
To stay current with the dynamic field of dentistry, I actively pursue continuous education through various classes and seminars throughout the year. This commitment allows me to stay updated with the latest advancements in dentistry and offer a broader range of services, including:
- Airway-Centered Dentistry: Focusing on the foundational aspects of oral health.
- Vivos Integrated Dentist: Addressing craniofacial growth dysfunction.
- Laser Gum Treatment (LANAP): Managing moderate to severe gum and periodontal infections effectively.
- Same-Day Crowns Using CAD-CAM Technology (CEREC): Providing efficient and convenient dental restorations.
- Gum Rejuvenation for Receding Gums: Using the Pinhole Technique for a scalpel-free, suture-free gum lift.
- Drill-Less Fillings: Halting the progression of early cavities and addressing white spots.
- Orthodontics for Adults: Offering clear aligner treatments and clear braces.
- Interceptive Orthodontics for Kids: Promoting optimal jaw development while aligning teeth.
- Sleep Apnea and Snoring Devices: Providing solutions for sleep-related concerns.
- Laser Snoring Treatment (Nightlase): Addressing snoring issues using laser therapy.
- Therapeutic Botox: Offering treatments for various oral and facial pain.
- Headaches and TMJ Treatments: Focusing on pain management and jaw health.
As healthcare professionals, we understand the importance of identifying potential risks or early stages of conditions before they become critical. Given the growing prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) on a global scale, our responsibility is to remain vigilant and recognize potential risk factors and symptoms in our patients.
Understanding the intricate connection between oral health, physical well-being, and sleep patterns guides us in achieving accurate diagnoses and addressing the root causes of conditions, rather than simply treating symptoms.
Addressing a Spectrum of Airway-Related Issues in Breathing and Sleep
As an airway-centered dentist and mentor, I play a crucial role in guiding both patients and providers, much like a quarterback on the field. It's essential for us to meet the patient exactly where they are in their journey. Our approach to treatment can encompass a wide spectrum, ranging from prevention to management and /or rehabilitation.
Michael P Kennedy DDS
Dr. Kennedy graduated from the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry in 1988. Prior to dental school, he served in the US Coast Guard as a hospital corpsman and attended the University of Florida for his undergraduate studies in microbiology.
Dr. Kennedy has been in private practice in Yuba City, California for 24 years, enjoying all facets of general dentistry and serving his patients from ages 2 to 99. His particular field of interest is advanced restorative techniques involving porcelain crowns and veneers. Cavity prevention through analysis of each patient’s unique risk factors, including bacterial “bio challenge”, is an important aspect of his treatment style.
Dr. Kennedy was past president and editor of the local Dental Society in California and received the California Dental Association Political and Grass Roots award for community water fluoridation, as well as the Distinguished Volunteer Award. Mike has enjoyed serving on a number of dental mission trips with his family, locally, as well as in Mexico and the Amazon Valley in Peru.
Dr. Kennedy’s wife, Pam, is originally from northern Virginia and they moved back home in 2015. They have three grown children. Mike and Pam enjoy traveling, hiking, reading, and running. He has completed over 30 marathons including the Boston Marathon on three occasions, and 2 ultra marathons around Lake Tahoe.